Experience since 1985 in Land Surveying in all phases of surveying. Experience includes field and office activities, project management, and survey department management.
Field experience includes:
- Lead surveyor on several route surveys for PennDOT HOP (Highway Occupancy Permit) design and construction projects
- Crew Chief for a multimillion dollar retail mall. Including all computations and layout of buildings, roads, storm and sanitary sewers, waterline, and curbing.
- Crew Chief for a 44 mile natural gas transmission pipeline. Including Right-of-way and condemnation surveys, layout of pipe centerline, and as built of pipeline.
- Crew Chief for several NYSDOT planning and design surveys. Including picking and setting horizontal & vertical control points for aerial photography based mapping and, establishing horizontal & vertical ground control using GPS, conventional traverse methods and differential leveling.
- Crew Chief for over 500 boundary surveys, ranging in size from residential lots to several thousand acres.
- Preliminary topographic, boundary and layout for several residential and commercial subdivisions. Including infrastructure layout, house and building stakeout, and setting of property monuments.
- Base topographic design surveys for several public, private, and educational entities.
Office experience includes:
- Boundary resolution for over 150 properties ranging from city and residential lots, to large acreage rural and farm properties.
- Subdivision design of several residential housing subdivisions. Including lot configuration, road geometry computation, and creating rights-of-way and easements for roads & utilities.
- Computation of footer, wall and structural steel layout for several large commercial buildings.
- Verification of anchor bolt locations for a 120,000 footprint 3 story High School.
- Preparation of legal descriptions for the transfer of properties ranging from residential lots to large land tracts.
- Preparation of right-of-way plans and descriptions for the dedication of private properties and roadways to municipal and state entities.
Management experience includes:
- Survey Department Manager and Partner in a medium sized multi-disciplined firm. Managed all aspects of the department, marketing, client contact, proposals, scheduling, mapping and coordination between departments.
- A.A.S – Forest Technology – Paul Smith’s College, 1984
- Land Surveyor, NY 2000
- Land Surveyor, PA 2009
- 2007 – Present – Benchmark Civil Engineering Services, Inc., Allentown, PA
- 1999 – 2007 – Keystone Associates, Architects, Engineers & Surveyors, LLC, Binghamton, NY
- 1995 – 1999 – Hawk Engineering, PC, Binghamton, NY
- 1994 – 1995 – Shumaker Consulting Engineering & Land Surveying, Inc. Vestal, NY
- 1992 – 1994 – Lynn H. Pullis, L.S., Binghamton, NY
- 1990 – 1991 – Kenneth B. Shields, L.S., Deposit, NY
- 1986 – 1990 – Robert A. Brooks, PC, Greene, NY
- 1985 – 1986 – Hawk Engineering, PC, Binghamton, NY