Practiced since 2005 as an Engineer in the civil engineering and land surveying fields . Currently an E.I.T. working directly for professional engineering in the area of land development engineering, stormwater hydrology analysis, and traffic engineering. Engineering responsibilities included working as a design engineer of all phases of land development projects from conceptual through design, permitting, and construction. Assist the Vice President of engineering on all land development projects including plan preparation, engineering design, erosion and sedimentation control as well as the planning and preparation of Post construction Storm water management plans.
Assist the President and licensed professional in numerous phases of traffic engineering, including traffic counts, traffic engineering reports, highway and transportation plan design and development as well as coordinating the efforts through the permitting and approval phases.
- Working knowledge of and use of AutoCADD in the preparation of civil engineering plans.
- Use of various engineering design programs including HydroFlo, VTPSUHM, and AUTO TURN.
- Develop Base plans for engineering design from survey data and topographic information
- Develop topo and surface drawings for various clients in Survey Department.
- Development easement exhibits and legal descriptions.
- Development a Microstation W orkspace fur Survey.
- Conduct deed research.
- Plot baselines, ROW’s and deed mosaics.
- Oversaw the drafting tasks (AutoCAD) for a 1 mile paving project that includes curb ramps, detours, full depth reconstruction (portions), sidewalks, PS&E.
- Designed and drafted a approx. 1/3 acre Park-and-Walk facility, including plan, profile, stormwater/drainage, parking layout, E&S permitting, etc.
- Developed PS&E for two municipal clients’ annual paving programs
- Assisted in the design and drafting of a new water distribution system for a small
- Primarily assisted with Subdivision and Land Development Plan reviews for municipal clients, and reviewed shop drawings, payment applications, change orders, and other contractor submittals for municipal projects.
- Assisted with a road reconstruction project (approx. 1400 ft.), including the design, drainage, E&S and field inspection.
- Assisted survey crew with land surveys, which entailed both office and field work.
- Occasional project inspection duties, including several paving projects, a sewer installation
project, and curb and sidewalk installations.
- Employed in family owned landscaping business from 1991-2005. Duties included labor management, business management and day-to-day operational responsibilities within the company.
- B.S. – Civil Engineering – Youngstown State University, Youngstown, OH (2004)
- 2015 – Present, Benchmark Civil Engineering Services Inc., Allentown, PA
- 2012 – 2015, Malick and Scherer, P.C., Hampton, NJ
- 2011 – 2012, Amazon.com Warehouse, Allentown, PA
- 2008 – 2007, RKR Hess Associates, Allentown, PA
- 2006 – 2005, Hanover Engineering Associates, Bethlehem, PA 2005 – 2003, Alan Ewing Surveying, Canfield, OH
- 2005 – 1991, McLeod’s Landscaping, Warren OH