Professional Experience (1985 – present)
In practice since 1985 as a Civil Engineer predominantly in the traffic engineering field but also with land development and stormwater hydrology analysis experience. Experience includes technical activities and all levels of client contact, project management, and presentations before public officials.
- Reviewed traffic impact studies on behalf of various municipalities. Insured study compliance with local ordinances, PennDOT guidelines, and accepted engineering practices.
- Prepared traffic impact studies for commercial and residential developers as well as public sector clients in Northampton, Lehigh, Monroe, Montgomery, Berks, and Lancaster Counties, in Pennsylvania.
- Prepared traffic signal permits for the installation of new traffic signals. These projects include the collection of existing traffic data, the preparation of plans indicating the physical elements of the proposed traffic signals, the design of the signal timing and phasing, and the documentation of the design and the final permit drawings to be executed by the local municipality.
- M.C.E. – Civil Engineering – Villanova University, 1994
- B.S. – Civil Engineering – Lehigh University, 1985
- Project Management Professional, 2004
- Professional Traffic Operations Engineer, 1999
- Professional Engineer: PA, 1991; NJ, 1993; NY, 1998
- PA DEP Sewage Enforcement Officer, 1995
- NJ DOT ETR Plan Certifier, 1995
- 1994 – Present Benchmark Civil Engineering Services Inc., Allentown, PA
- 1992 – 1994 Acer Engineers and Consultants, Inc., Allentown, PA
- 1990 – 1992 The Newton Engineering Group, Wescosville, PA
- 1989 – 1990 PSC Engineers and Consultants, Inc., Allentown, PA
- 1985 – 1989 New Jersey Department of Transportation, Trenton, NJ
- 1994-1996 Lafayette College, Department of Civil Engineering, Easton, PA
- 1996-2000 Lehigh University, Department of Civil Engineering, Bethlehem, PA
- Project Management Institute (PMI)
- Fellow, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- ASCE Board of Directors – Region 2 Director (2004-2007)
- ASCE, Lehigh Valley Section (Pres. 1997-98, Board Mem. 1992-97 and 2005-09, 150th Champion 1999-2002)
- Fellow, Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE)
- National Science Foundation Transportation Research Board (TRB)
- Unsignalized Int. and User Liaison Subcommittees, TRB, Highway Capacity and Quality of Service Committee
- East Penn Section American Society of Highway Engineers
ACCEPTED AS AN EXPERT IN CIVIL/TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING
- City of Allentown, Lehigh Co.
- East Stroudsburg Borough, Monroe Co.
- Hanover Township, Northampton Co.
- Lehigh County Court of Common Pleas
- Middle Smithfield Township, Monroe Co.
- Muhlenburg Township, Berks Co.
- Northampton County Common Pleas Court
- Polk Township, Monroe Co.
- Spring Township, Berks Co.
- Stroud Township, Monroe Co.
- Upper Nazareth Township, Northampton Co.
- Weisenberg Township, Berks Co.
- Whitemarsh Township, Montgomery Co.
AWARDS, PRESENTATIONS, AND PUBLICATIONS
- Engineer of the Year, Lehigh Valley Chapter, PA Society of Professional Engineers, 2005
- “HCM 101: A Primer for Non-technical Decision Makers” PCTrans e-zine, Spring 2004
- Instructor, Maryland Transportation Technology Transfer Center, Highway Capacity Analysis including Highway Capacity Manual and HCS-2000, April 2001
- “Tractor-trailer Reverse Turning Movement Path” Institute of Transportation Engineers – ITE Journal, October 1996
- Speaker, Pennsylvania Planning Association Annual Conference, Traffic Site Assessment, 1995
- Young Engineer of the Year, Lehigh Valley Chapter, PA Society of Professional Engineers, 1994
- Instructor, Lehigh Valley Section ASCE P.E. Review Course, 1993-1998
- Speaker, ASCE Specialty Conference on Site Impact Traffic Assessment, Chicago, Ill., June 1992, “Traffic Impact Study Ingredients”
- New Jersey Department of Transportation Achievement Award, 1988
CONTINUING EDUCATION (1999 – PRESENT)
- PA DEP continuing education courses
- Villanova University, Various Master’ Certificate in Project Management Courses
- Continuing PA Sewage Enforcement Officer, Various Continuing Education
- ITE Annual Meeting – Philadelphia, PA
- Annual TRB Meeting, Washington, D.C.
- Summer Meeting TRB Highway Capacity and Quality of Service Committee
- “Stormwater Management in Pennsylvania: A New Approach” Pennsylvania Housing Research Center
- “Highway Capacity Manual 2000” McTrans Center
- “Synchro and SimTraffic” TrafficWare Corp., Philadelphia, PA
- “Traffic Network Study Tool, Version 7 Federal (TRANSYT-7F),” McTrans Center, King of Prussia, PA
- “Leadership Management Training” Dale Carnegie
- “Timing Traffic Signals Using TEAPAC, PASSER, TRANSYT, and CORSIM” University of Wisconsin – Madison
- City of Allentown Environmental Advisory Committee Member
- Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce, Various Committees (2002 – 2009)
- Inside Allentown Program – City of Allentown, (2001 – 2002)
- Alternate Member – City of Allentown Zoning Hearing Board (1997- 2006)
- Junior Achievement of the Lehigh Valley, Speaker (1998 – 2001)
- Partners In Education, Bethlehem Area School District, Speaker (1998 -1999)
- Member, St. Mathews Lutheran Church, Bethlehem, PA